Avastar-1 Update 694
This is primary a bugfix update. We have fixed all major known issues with Avastar. We also added some improvements to existing functions. But please read the Limitations section below. Sorry, this time we have no new Demo video for you.
- IMP: Textbased shape export: Modified bones marked with “M”.
- NEW: New Shape section: Bone Length Changing bones.
- NEW: New Shape section: All Changed bones.
- NEW: Added UNDO to reset shape sliders
- FIX: Check tools now independent of order of selection.
- IMP: Multiple meshes can be checked at once (not recommended though to do that)
- FIX: Weight check mismatch when Collada exporter is called
- FIX: Slider values did not reflect the exact shape for shape slider conversions
- FIX: bake T pose had characters jumping up. Fixed global transform bug
- IMP: throw an error if an attempt to export animation with more than 32 bones (SL limit).
- FIX: Fixed a few issues with missing images during collada export (maybe that needs a cleanup)
- FIX: Empty material slots no longer break the Collada export
- FIX: wrong attachment id ( ‘aR Lower Leg’ appeared twice, ‘aL Lower Leg’ was missing
- FIX: When meshes are moved to other layer directly after freeze, they got deleted instead moved.
- IMP: After freeze: Now the frozen duplicate of the previously active object gets the new active object
- IMP: Complete rewrite of motion transfer code
- IMP: Added CUSTOM Material selection. Changed default material to NONE : Assigns Blender’s default ‘Material’ to all parts.
- IMP: Added material setups for None, Female, Male, Custom, and template.
- IMP: added option for “apply scale” both for mesh and animations. This means the armature object can be scaled and this scale be taken into account in the mesh and animations.
- IMP: Now display unweighted/zero weights/more than four.
- IMP: No longer traceback when Armature is in selection.
- The Shape sliders now have Reset buttons for resetting a slider back to its default value, resetting a bone section and resetting the entire shape.
- we have added 2 extra bone sections “Skeleton” and “Changed” which contain all skeleton changing sliders and all Changed sliders respectively.
- The motion transfer code (for mocap) has been completely redone and is much more stable and forgiving now.
- There is a compatibility issue with Avastar releases prior to update 639. You will be able to open your old files and work with them as usual. But please do not touch the Shape sliders! As soon as you try to change your shape it will loose some of its bones.
- The Spine attachment bone has a wrong orientation. Thus attachment animations of the aSpine bone will turn the bone upside down. Only the aSpine bone is affected. For all other bones animations work just fine.
- The .bvh export is broken. We recommend to use the much more versatile .anim export instead.
- IK: bending of the arms when starting from T-Pose has intentionally changed compared to previous Avastar versions. (fixed, available on next update)
- The mFootLeft bone has a different bone roll as the mFootRight bone. This is probably a consequence from the slight asymmetry of the Second Life Skeleton. This asymmetry sums up along the leg bone chain and creates a bone roll of 12 degrees for mFootLeft. So the bone roll is indeed a property of the Second Life Avatar and it has no impact on the animations created by Avastar. However we have fixed this issue. The fix will be available in the next update and it will allow easier animation of the left foot and the left toe.
- Completing the Documentation
- Review (and partially redo) the existing videos
More Questions ?
Ask Gaia Clary in Second Life, or send email to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Gaia & Magus & Domino
Where is the Download ?
- I lost my download link:
Please check in the FAQ.
- I already purchased Avastar-1:
You find the new update in your Jass Download folder.
- I want to buy Avastar-1:
You can buy directly from Paypal (see left column of this page), or go to the Jass-Shop in Second Life and purchase from the Avastar-1 vendor.
- We have tested the new Avastar update on the development version of Blender. Avastar should now run on all Blender 2.6 versions.