- Made for Blender 2.70 or newer
- Supports Character Creation/Animation
- Supports SL, OpenSim, and similar
When purchasing Avastar you get:
- Avastar-1.5 (or newer)
- Avastar-1.0 (legacy for older Blender Releases)
- Free Bugfixes for a year (option to renew per year with a 50% discount)
- Access to all older Avastar-releases (only if you create an account on our Blog)
Quick buyer’s guide
- Rigged Mesh Attachments
- Human Mesh Avatars
- Non Human mesh Avatars
- Static Meshes
- sculpted Prims (see Primstar)
Character Animation Features
- Fully rigged avatar
- Switchable IK/FK controls.
- Makes high quality animations a breeze.
- Auto FK (on by default)
- Skeleton animation.
- Attachment bone animation.
- Collision Volume Animation
- FK Controlls for Head, Arms, Torso and legs
- IK Controls for, Arms, Ellbows, Legs and Knees
- Rig Converter from Basic to Avastar
- Rig Updater from old blend files
- Animation Constraints
And more …
- Seamless IK/FK Blending
- Rotation/Constraint controls
- Breath Control
- Create synchronized multiple avatar animations
- Use Blender’s rich animation features such as the graph editor, constraints and the NLA editor.
Character Creation Features
- Import your own Shape (from Open Sim or compatible worlds) into Blender and make accurate animations that take into account the size and shape of your avatar.
- Gender selector for male/female characters.
- Do all your Shape editing within Blender: Edit your shape in Blender using the same control sliders as in SL.
- Your Character will be automatically weighted and rigged.
- The rig can be reused for your own mesh characters.
- Shape slider now also affects your custom meshes (disabled by default)
- A Weight Copy function is integrated
- Hand Morphs are supported (SL limitations still apply)
- bvh: Export animations for the whole avatar, or only particular bones to BVH format compatible with SL.
- anim: Export to SL’s native animation format. This has more controls and features than exporting through BVH.
- collada: Export Meshes (static and rigged) in compliance to the mesh Importer ofOpenSim and compatible worlds.
All export formats are fully compatible with OpenSim and similar online worlds.
Standard UV maps for all meshes:
- Head & Eyebrows
- Upper Body
- Lower Body
Default material setup for all parts.
Use Blenders tools such as the material editor for layered texturing. Or use projection painting to create texture based skins and clothes.
- Direct support for the Mesh Deformer
- Rigging can be customised or replaced entirely without affecting the animation export.
- The mesh can be replaced, to create and animate custom mesh avatars
For further details please lookup the reference guides (All documents can be found on the right sidebar) and use the category search at the top of the right sidebar.