I moved my .blend files to a new computer and now when I bake a sculpty i get an error of image not found.
The cause is:
Blender stores the file locations of all used files into the blend file. This includes pathes to the images used. When you move your blend file to another computer, the stored pathes to your image files will point to nowhere. The Baker tool however needs the image file to exist because the image size is not stored anywhere and thus it fails with “no image found”.
The solution is:
Before you move your files to another computer:
- Open the file(s) with Jass (or Blender) on the old Computer
- File ->External Data -> Pack Into Blend File
- Store the file
- Now you can move it safely to your other computer. It will contain all data.
If you have moved and your old computer does no longer exist:
- Open the File(s) with Jass (or Blender) on the new Computer
- for each affected sculpty do:
- Go to the image editor
- View -> Image Properties
- Change the image type from “Still” to “Generated”
- Now you can interactively change Image width and Height until the grid shows perfect squares. Please take care to use only power of 2 values!
Posted in: Jass ( Pub Pro Magic )