Everything looks right:
- All sculpties have a UVTexture named “sculptie”
- in the UV editor you can see a colored or a black rectangle when in edit mode
When you call File -> Export -> Second Life LSL (to dir), you find less sculptmaps in the export directory as expected.
Some of your parts share the same Scultp-map. So it is only exported once. The sharing of a sculptmap by 2 or more objects can be intentionall. For example if your build contains multiple parts with the exact same shape. The 4 legs of a table for example would only need one sculptmap if they have the same shape (and only differ in rotation, scaling and location).
Sometimes however the sculpt-map sharing is unintentional. You get this unwanted sharing for example when you have duplicated your Object by using “SHIFT D”. In that case both objects share the same sculpt-map.
If the sharing is intentional you do not need to do anything. The LSL Generator can handle this situation. Only if the sharing is not wanted, you need to fix it:
You only need to fix this when the sculpt-map sharing has happened unintentionally. In that case do this:
- Go to object mode
- Select one of the objects which share the same sculpt-map.
- go back to edit mode
- select all vertices
- in the uv image editor: Image -> new Create an image of the exact same size as the sculptmap has.
- rename the new image to your needs
Do this for all parts which unintentionally share the same sculptmap. Then rebake the whole set and finalle export the set again.
Posted in: Jass ( Pub Pro Magic )