About the License terms of our tutorials
Whatever you create based on our tutorial examples is your own work. Even if your objects look exactly like what we show in our tutorials. You are always allowed to label your work as your own creation. And you can apply any license you like. However there are some exceptions to these terms:
Some of our tutorials contain material from third parties. We especially use data from
- Linden Labs (The SL avatar mesh, morph data, weight data)
- MakeHuman (The mesh data, default texture)
Any work based on the above mentioned data may need to be copyrighted under special license terms. For MakeHuman, please check the essentials of the MakeHuman license. For the SL default Avatar please check with Linden Labs. As far as we are concerned the data can be redistributed under a creative Common shareable license. We do not know which license terms apply to any work which is directly based on the SL Default Avatar data.
About usage of our documents
- You are allowed to use our documentation and tutorials for private educational purposes only.
- You are allowed to reuse the tool reference guides of Primstar and Jass as basis for your public courses.
- Any usage of our video tutorials and their transcriptions as basis for your own course materials is forbidden except you got an explicit permission from us.
For teachers: If you are interested to reuse our tutorials for your own courses, please contact us. we will find a way to grant you the necessary permissions for your special case.
About redistribution of our content
- Any form of redistribution of parts of the documentation or documents as a whole is prohibited.
- Translations to foreign languages and publishing of the translation are allowed as long as the translations contain a visible backlink to the original document. We prefer to get your translations added to our Blog. If you are interested to participate, then please take a look at our translation project (see below)
For translators: Please note that we have set up a community based translation project and in case you are interested to participate, please contact “Gaia Clary” in Second Life or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org