After we upgraded our Shop software especially the “i lost my password” page no longer worked as expected. Users got a http-404 Page not found error.
This issue has been fixed.
Please note that your product download page is not an account! If you get confused about what is what, then maybe you find this helpful:
Important Notes about the Product download page
How we did it over the past 4 years
The personal Download Link…
When you purchase a product from Machinimatrix, then we give you a personal link to your purchased products. Over the last 4 years we proposed to bookmark this link so that you can:
- Download your purchases after hardware crash or after switching to a new Computer
- Receive Product updates as they become available
and its caveats…
While this approach works fairly well for most people, we found that sometimes it just does not work as nice as it is supposed to be. For example
- Users have purchased with a different Avatar
- User’s Paypal account changes over time
- Users have published their download link to give “free” access to people who did not purchase our products.
Sometimes it becomes very difficult and time consuming to get back the original download link. This is neither appreciated by the users nor by us. So we needed to solve this…
A new approach: Account Based Download
Your Personal Account…
We now offer a regular web account on our Website, where you can log in and find your own product folder. The benefits of this are:
- No need to bookmark your download page
- Easy recovery from lost password.
- The Web account is independent from your SL Avatar or your Paypal account.
needs to be setup manually…
But there is one thing that we can not provide, that is:
We currently can not find out which purchase belongs to which account. So there is one activity that you have to do manually:
Manual Registration needed
How to switch to the new account based System
Lost Download Link:
I Purchased from Second Life…
- Go to the JASS-Shop in SL
- Locate the purple Octopus that sits in the little Witch hut.
- Click on the Octopus.
- Receive your download link in the URL Popup window.
- Or look in your Nearby Chat for the link
I purchased via Paypal…
Step 1: Get the list of your purchases
We send you an Email containing a list of your purchases.
Step 2: Assign your purchases to your account
After you received the Email, then please proceed as follows:
- Ensure you are logged in to your Machinimatrix account
- Open the Email that you received
- Click on any one of the links in the list
Now all your purchases are assigned to your account.
Disaster: I also lost my Paypal account
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and give us at least one of the following infos:
- The Machinimatrix Order ID of the Purchase (WC-nnnnn)
- The Paypal Email Address from which you purchased
- The Paypal Transaction Code and Purchase Date
Do not forget to include exact information to which email address you want to change your purchases.
I lost my Account information
Sometimes it happens. You had setup an account in a hurry months ago. But now you need the account again but you forgot all the details.
Just create a new account and register your products again.
Combine purchases from Paypal with purchases from Second Life
Sometimes users want to get an update for a product from the Jass Shop in Second Life although the product was originally purchased from paypal. Here is how you can achieve this:
- Log in to your machinimatrix Account with your favorite Web Browser and keep your browser open
- Double check that your Paypal purchases show up on your product page.
- Go to the JASS-Shop in SL
- Locate the Avastar vendor
- Turn to the right. There you find a small Booth with a purple Octopus sitting in it
- Click on the octopus and you get a registration link in the chat window.
- Open the link in your browser
Now your Avatar is linked to your Machinimatrix account. If you now update Avastar from Second Life then you should see the discount offer
My SL purchases do not show up after i created a new account
When you create a new account on our Website, then we have no information about your Avatar in Secondlife. If you want to see your purchases in your download folder, then you need to register your products first. You do this as follows:
- Open your favorite Web Browser.
- Ensure you are Logged in on your Machinimatrix Account.
- Keep your browser open !
- Go to the JASS-Shop in SL
- On the right side of the Shop you see a small Witch Hut with an Octopus inside.
- Click on the Octopus to receive a connection link.
- Now call this link (open it in your web browser)
Once you have done the above steps, you should find your purchases in your personal product page:
My Product activation failed
If you created your account after you called the product activation link, then sometimes the product activation fails. If this happens to you (you can not find your product on your download page) then proceed as follows:
- Ensure you are logged in on the Machinimatrix Website
- Call your product activation link again(that you got during your purchase)
- Now your product page should open and your product should be available for download.
If you purchased a long time ago, then your product activation link possibly is no longer recognized by us. In that case proceed as if you have lost your download link(see above).
I want to add a purchase from another user to my account
All you need is the product activation link of the purchased product. You got this by email when you purchased from Paypal, or you can get the link from the JASS Shop in SL if you purchased from there.
Here is a brief step by step instruction:
- Login to the destination Account on Machinimatrix (the account where you want the product to be maintained).
- Open another tab or browser window (but keep logged in to the Machinimatrix account!)
- Now call the product activation link from the other account.
This should move the product from the other account to your current account.
Note: If your activation link is very old then read the next chapter “I have an old bookmarked Link…”
I have an old bookmarked Link…
If you have purchased a product in the past (before january 2015) then you might have bookmarked an old product download link. While this download link is still valid, it does not start an automatic product activation on our Website. However you still can use this old link to activate your products in your Machinimatrix account. Please proceed as follows:
- If your download period timed out(*):
Then just click on the Register&Login button (see image). Click this link and follow the instructions given there.
- If you still have access to your purchases:
Then at the bottom of your purchased download page you find the link to the page Register me now.
- Follow the link to create your account and register your purchases permanently.
From now on and forever you will find your purchased products on your My Products page.
Your download period times out 8 days after purchase. If that happened to you then you see the note shown at the top of the image aside (pink background). You can click on the Link labelled Register&Login to get back to your purchases.
Details about your old Download Link
Your download link will look similar to:
(*) Please note, the purchaseId and the owner are part of the download link. In the above example you would have:
- purchaseId = 01234567-01234567-01234567-01234567
- owner = Igor Bat