The Shape Sliders
We support the same shape slider system as you can find in SL, OpenSim or other compatible worlds. You find the sliders in the Object properties of the Avastar Character:
- Go to object mode.
- Select the Rig (RMB on the yellow circles around the mesh).
- Open the Properties window and navigate to the “Object” properties.
- There you find a panel “Avatar Shape”.
- Height: The current height of the character in online world units (1.87 meters in this example, note that Avatars tend to be slightly bigger than real world people).
- Section: A popup Menu for the different Shape Sections. This is equal to the Shape Editor in SL or OpenSim.
- Male: A Gender selector. By default the gender is female. If you check the selector, the Avastar character changes to male. You can switch the gender at any time.
The Section Sliders
The section subpanel of the Avatar shapes panel contains the Sliders for the section specific shape keys. The values assigned in SL match exactly with the slider values in Blender.
- Some sliders have a small stickman icon on their left side. This indicates the slider affects the bones (bone sliders).
- Since Avastar-1.5: Some sliders have a small magnet icon on their left side. This indicates the sliders affects a fitted Mesh bone (Collision Volume bone)
- All other sliders affect only the mesh (morph sliders).
- The icons on the right side indicate that the slider value has been changed. Click on these icons to reset the corresponding Slider Value to its default.
- Note: The Reset icon on the Top Left resets the entire Bone Section to its Default Values.
The Special Sections
- We have added 2 extra sections Changed, and Skeleton which do not appear in the Second Life Shape editor. The Changed section is empty by default and will be populated by the list of changed Shape sliders of your Avastar. The Skeleton section (see image) contains all sliders which will change the bone length of the Avastar character.
- On top of the list (in the Section Header) you see a Reset button. This button will reset all shape sliders of the current Section to its factory defaults.
- Each slider can be dragged, or you can click on it and then type in a number.
- If a slider has been changed then you will see a reset icon right to the slider. Clicking on that icon will reset the slider to its default value.