|abstract: This tutorial explains how you can install Jass products on OSX|
After you have downloaded the compressed Jass-2 zip file follow these steps:
- open (double click) the just downloaded file
- For Jass-Pub: jass-pub-2.3.8-for-MAC-OSX-10.5-intel.tgz
- For Jass-Pro: jass-pro-2.3.11-for-MAC-OSX-10.5-intel.tgF
- for Jass-Magic: jass-magic-1.1.4-for-MAC-OSX-10.5-intel.tgz
- A finder window opens up. drag the contained folder “blender-2.49b-osx-10.5-py2.5-jass-2.1-intel” to your Application folder. You might have to authenticate with an administrative account on your Mac.
- Download the JASS-2 startup page
- Go back to the finder Window and locate the just downloaded file named B.blend. Doubleclick on that file.
- Now blender opens up displaying the Jass default screen. navigate to “File -> Save default settings” to permanently store these settings into your blender installation
- Start sculpting…
If you do not like the customized default screen, go to “File -> Load Factory Settings” and you are back to the blender defaults (all add-on scripts (primstar) will keep available)
If you want to try out the Jass-Theme, then follow these steps:
- Help -> Scripts help browser
- In the Themes section you will find the “Jass” and “Primstar” themes. Select one of them
- Click on the “run script” button at the bottom of the current screen.
- Take care to replace the “scripts” window by the 3D view again (or any other window type of your choice)
- Make the settings permanent by File -> Save Default settings. Otherwise you will revert to the default upon next blender restart.