Your rights, your duties
Rights and DutiesIn general 3D content that was created with our Tools or made by following our tutorials fully belong to you. And so you can do whatever you like with your content. And you can redistribute your content with any license terms you like. However, some of our products use items from third parties. And these items come along with their own usage terms. It is your duty to check how the third party TOS policies apply to your work
TOS for third party items
- Linden Lab (The SL avatar mesh, morph data, weight data)
- MakeHuman (mesh data and texture)
- Eloh Eliot (The starlight skin)
Re-Distribution of your blendfilesYou can officially redistribute your blend files together with the Avastar Rig. You only need to take care of:
- The Avastar Rig contains the SL avatar using the CC-BY-3.0 license.
- The Starlight skin textures from Eloh Eliot use the MIT License.
- The Avastar-Rig components made by us use the CC-BY-3.0 license.
Re-Distribution of our software
Please refrain from passing on our software products (Avastar, Sparkles, Primstar, ...), as we finance the entire product development and maintenance only through sales.
Our Product License Terms
Primstar-1, Jass-1, Jass-2
The Python scripts in these products are published under GPL license terms. However this does not extend to the Windows installers, data files and other items we provide for your convenience. If you plan to redistribute modified versions of our products, then please take care to strip down the packages to the GPL parts only. The general rule applies:Your own creations made with Primstar-2 can be redistributed in any way you like. This includes commercial usage of the creations and redistribution of .blend files which contain your creations. All parts of the products which are not explicitly marked as GPL are not distributed according to GPL license terms and may not be redistributed.
In particular you are not allowed to redistribute:
- The Jass-installers executables themself
- the blenderloader.exe
- data files such as the library sculpt maps (*.png) and Blend files (*.blend) (except avatar.blend)
For more detailed information please examine the installed software in detail and check the readme files.