for Blender 2.6
for Blender 2.6
for Blender 2.49b
|Primstar-2 is an Addon for Blender-2.6 (or newer). The tool is optimized for creating static content for OpenSim and similar platforms. Primstar-2 supports the creation of Sculpted Prims and the creation of terrains.||Avastar is an Addon for Blender 2.60 or newer. The tool is optimized for making characters & character animation for OpenSim and similar online Environments.||JASS-2 is an all inclusive one-stop software bundle based on Blender 2.49. Jass-2 comes with an Installer (for Windows). Note that Blender-2.49 is no longer maintained.|
Where our products run:
Primstar-2 and Avastar-1 are addons which work only on Blender 2.6. The tools can be installed on any platform which is supported by Blender-2.6.
For Jass-2(Blender-2.49b) we have best support on Windows and MAC (Intel based OSX-10.5 and 10.6, also named “Leopard” and “Snow Leopard”).
A Purchase guide
Decision Helper Questions
Our tools in more detail
Mesh: Avastar or Workbench ?
- When your only intention is to create texture based mesh clothes, then the Avatar Workbench is all you need. You also can create mesh attachments and characters with some additional effort (if you are familiar with Blender and know about the pitfalls of SL).
- When you plan to build mesh based characters or mesh based attachments and Animations for your creations, then Avastar-1 can be a huge time saver for you.
Sculpties: Primstar-2 or Jass ?
Right now there are only 2 reasons why you would want to keep running with Jass (on Blender 2.49):
- The “Sculptify Objects” function works best in Jass.
- Jass-pub is the only fully working AND free of charge tool from us.
Our recommendation for Sculptie Makersis: Use Blender 2.7 and Primstar-2.
Tools for Blender 2.6 and newer
Tools for Blender 2.49
- Avastar-1 is a tool made for Blender 2.6 and 2.7. This tool is focused on Mesh character creation & animation.
- Primstar-2 is a complete rewrite of Primstar-1 made for Blender-2.6 and 2.7. The tool is made for creating Sculpted Prims and Terrain. When you are making Sculpted Prims, then we highly recommend to use Primstar-2 over Jass or Primstar-1. But please see below for a more detailed decision guide
- Primstar-Zero is a free but very limited tool for making Sculpted Prims. In some cases this tool may help you to get started with Sculpted Prims without budget. But it can not at all be compared with Primstar-2
- Primstar-1.1 is the historical first product for making Sculpted Prims (Scripts distribution created By Domino Marama)
- Jass-Pub is mostly identical to Primstar-1.1 but it comes with an installer (for Windows and Mac) and delivers a complete software bundle including Python and Blender-2.49b
Note: All Jass-Products and Primstar-1 are made for Blender-2.49b only!
Blender 2.6/2.7 ?
or Blender 2.49 ?
Blender 2.6/2.7 is your choice ?
If you decide to go with Blender 2.6/2.7, then you can choose between Avastar-1 and Primstar-2.
The good news is that our tools run on every platform which is supported by Blender-2.6/2.7. Installation and workflow is fully independent from your Operating system.
The bad news is: The Addons are not for free and you have to choose which tool fits best for your purpose.
Some Helpful tips for Jass
Your rights, your duties
Rights and Duties
In general 3D content that was created with our Tools or made by following our tutorials fully belong to you. And so you can do whatever you like with your content. And you can redistribute your content with any license terms you like. However, some of our products use items from third parties. And these items come along with their own usage terms.
TOS for third party items
- Linden Lab (The SL avatar mesh, morph data, weight data)
- MakeHuman (mesh data and texture)
- Eloh Eliot (The starlight skin)
Any work based on the above mentioned data has its own license terms. MakeHuman has switched to a commons CC0 license which basically allows you to do what ever you like with your creations. For details please see Explanation of new license terms
For the SL default Avatar please check with Linden Lab. As far as we are concerned the data can be redistributed under a creative Common shareable license. We do not know which license terms apply to any work which is directly based on the SL Default Avatar data.
Re-Distribution of your blendfiles
You can officially redistribute your blend files together with the Avastar Rig. You only need to take care of:
- The Avastar Rig contains the SL avatar using the CC-BY-3.0 license.
- The Starlight skin textures from Eloh Eliot use the MIT License.
- The Avastar-Rig components made by us use the CC-BY-3.0 license.
As far as we know those elements can be redistributed as long as you follow the license policies.
For us it is sufficient when you mention that your blendfile contains the Avastar-Rig using the CC-BY-3.0 license.
For LindenLabs and Eloh Eliot please contact them if you are in doubt.
Re-Distribution of our software
Our software products (Avastar, Sparkles, Primstar, …) can not be re distributed in any form nor can our products be resold by anybody under any circumstances. We will take action to prevent such practices and protect our self and our customers from any business destroying activities.
Please notify us about license violations
Should you get an offer from anybody for purchasing a download link to our software, then we encourage you to send an email to:
Our Product License Terms
The Avastar Addon can not be redistributed in any way.
Note: your own creations made with Avastar can be redistributed in any way you like. This includes commercial usage of the creations and redistribution of .blend files which contain the Avastar-Rig.
The Primstar-2 Addon can not be redistributed in any way.
Note: your own creations made with Primstar-2 can be redistributed in any way you like. This includes commercial usage of the creations and redistribution of .blend files which contain your creations.
Primstar-1, Jass-1, Jass-2
The Python scripts in these products are published under GPL license terms. However this does not extend to the Windows installers, data files and other items we provide for your convenience. If you plan to redistribute modified versions of our products, then please take care to strip down the packages to the GPL parts only. The general rule applies:
All parts of the products which are not explicitly marked as GPL are not distributed according to GPL license terms and may not be redistributed.
In particular you are not allowed to redistribute:
- The Jass-installers executables themself
- the blenderloader.exe
- data files such as the library sculpt maps (*.png) and Blend files (*.blend) (except avatar.blend)
For more detailed information please examine the installed software in detail and check the readme files.