- Select your mesh and the rig.
- In the Skinning and Rigging panel:
Set Weight to Meshes or Bones, depending on from where you want to get the initial weights from.
- Press the Assign Armature button.
Note: Step 2 is for copying initial weights. This can be:
- Meshes: Copy weights from whatever meshes are currently visible
- Bones: This generates meshes by using Blender’s “Assign automatic from Bones” function.
Remember that when you have set the source to Meshes means you must have all source meshes visible!
Note: Source meshes can be any of your Avastar meshes and any custom meshes with weights that are attached to the current Avastar rig. Such as for example the Avatar skirt or a pair of pants you weighted before.