- Chat group Blender Avastar (SL)
- Ticket System on Blog
- Problem fixing on demand
Help us to help you!
Below you find some best practice guidelines for communicating with the support team. If you follow the guidelines then in most cases you will get answered sooner!
Checklist: Important Information
- Add a description:
- what fails ?
- what do you expect ?
- what happens instead ?
- Product version (name of the installed zip file)
- Blender version
- Operating system
- A well prepared demo .blend file.
- For secured .blend files please provide the password
- Upload your .blend files to http://pasteall.org/blend
- Upload your screenshots to http://pasteall.org/pic
Checklist: Prepare your Blend file
- Always create a copy of your blend file
- Prepare the copy such that we only need one click to step into your problem.
- Please always strip down your blend such that it contains only the relevant data.
- Remove all packed textures
- Remove unrelated other meshes
- Pack all related texture data into the blend file as follows:
File -> External data -> Pack into blend file
- Remove unrelated other texture data
- Store your blend file with “Compress enabled”. You can find the compress option in the file export panel, on the left side (in the tool shelf). You might need to scroll down a bit to see the options panel.
- (Optionally) create screenshots (if explaining with words is too difficult).
- Send the Blend file to us (see below which send options we support)
Please take this seriously. Not all of us have fast and unlimited access to the internet!
The chat Groups
For first and quick aid we provide 2 free support chat groups in SL:
- blender primstar/jass
- blender avastar
Here you will usually get quick answers provided by more experienced users.
Please avoid direct support requests in private IM’s!
The Chat Support Team
We provide an official support team which will often participate in the conversation when online:
- Eleanora Newell
- Gaia Clary
- Etheria Parrott
We also have a Bot named Boticita Resident. This Bot occasionally sends out information messages. But since its a bot it won’t answer questions.
Send your Blend file to us
upload to pasteall.org
pasteall.org is a free public service for exchanging blend files. However you can secure your blend file by entering a password during the upload. here is the workflow:
- open http://pasteall.org/blend
- Select your blend file on your local disk
- (optionally) enter a password of your choice
- Right after the upload completed you will get redirected to the download link for your blend file (look in the browser command line). Please copy this Link (use CTRL C)
- Add the download link and the password (if you have specified one) to your support Ticket.
or attach to your ticket
If you do not want to use pasteall.org, then you still can upload your Blend file as attachment to your Ticket.
Or use another file sharing service
If you prefer then you also can use any other file sharing service of your choice. But please use this only if you are sure that service of your choice is trustworthy! (pasteall.org is provided by one of the blender developers, so it should be a safe place). In any case you have to provide the download link within your support Ticket.
Problem Fixing on Demand
If your problem is a bug
If we find that your problem is related to a bug in the Software, we will in no case charge you anything!